What kind of information does MMI collect?
If a user registers on an MMI site, they may be asked to provide information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and product information. MMI sites may include optional surveys, asking details about the user’s interests, age and gender. These surveys may also ask for opinions on various products and services. If those community tools are used, MMI may store the content and communications that user sends and receives, and MMI reserves the right to monitor those communications. MMI may also collect details on a user’s activity and personal preferences when visiting MMI sites (see Cookies).
Users are asked to obtain consent before providing someone else’s personal information. Any personal details provided should be verified for accuracy and be current, and any changes should be updated.
What does MMI do with the information it collects?
MMI uses the information collected several ways:
- to operate its websites and provide the information and services requested, including, but not limited to, downloads, discussion groups, bulletin boards, promotions and competitions;
- to deal with customer service requests for internal analysis and research;
- to improve MMI websites and other products and services;
- to send newsletters and marketing information about MMI’s products and services, and offers, products and services from selected third-party companies, but only as permitted by law or requested by the user (see Unsubscribe);
- to send administrative emails (to reissue a password for example); and
- to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of MMI sites or services.
How to unsubscribe:
- Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any MMI email newsletter or other correspondence; or
- Send your details to the MMI’s managing director (see Section 6) by email or post.
Who else has access to your information?
MMI-affiliated companies and other organizations that work for MMI may have access to the user’s information to manage that information for MMI and to provide the user with information and services requested by the user. Most of these companies process user information in the United States, but some of these affiliates and organizations may work outside the United States. Data protection laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in the European Economic Area (EEA). If a user does not want their information handled this way, they should not access and use MMI websites.
In exceptional circumstances, MMI may disclose personal information if required by law or to protect or defend itself or others against illegal or harmful activities. If MMI is sold or restructured, a user’s details may be transferred as part of the business.
Some of the MMI websites contain cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to a user’s computer to record their online activity. Cookies may be used on MMI websites to help personalize visits to MMI sites, improve how visitors use certain aspects of MMI sites, and to record the user’s online activity. Visitors can disable cookies by adjusting their browser settings. If a visitor does so, some functions on the sites may not work correctly.
MMI takes commercially reasonable measures to protect a user’s personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimize unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information. However, MMI does not guarantee that it will eliminate all risk of misuse of personal information by intruders. Passwords for all accounts should be kept safe and should not be disclosed to anyone else. Users must contact MMI immediately if they become aware of any unauthorized use of their password or any other security breach.
Discussion groups and other community areas on the MMI sites are open to the public. Users should avoid disclosing any information in these areas that may identify themselves or anyone else. MMI is not responsible for the protection or security of information a user discloses in these areas.
Mining Media International, Inc
11655 Central Parkway, Suite 306
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Email: [email protected]